Jay W. Cook handles commercial and residential real estate closings and 1031 real estate exchanges. He also works with business clients to set up partnerships and corporations.
Since joining the firm in 2006, Jay has enjoyed having strong business relationships with many lenders and real estate brokers and agents. In Athens, Oconee County, and beyond, Jay has had the pleasure of helping numerous families and businesses achieve their real estate goals.
The son of managing partner J. Vincent Cook, Jay is proud to be a lifelong Athenian. He, his wife, and their three young children enjoy being part of the Five Points community. Jay is active in the community, including being on the board of the Athens Boys and Girls Club, and he is an avid Georgia Bulldogs football fan.
- Commercial and Residential Real Estate Closings
- 1031 Real Estate Exchanges
Current Employment Position
Year Joined Firm
- Georgia, 2006
- Western Circuit Bar Association (Member)
- Athens Area Homebuilders Association (Member)
- Athens Area Association of Realtors (Member)
- University of Georgia School of Law, Athens, Georgia, 2006
- University of Georgia, 2003
Honors: Member, Blue Key Honor Society
Major: Speech Communications
Pro Bono Activities
- Board Member, Athens Boys and Girls Club